NATLOB1.1 is a computer program for Windows that can be used to predict growth and yield of unthinned, natural stands of loblolly pine.
Inputs to the model are:
-height of dominants and codominants
-stand density (trees and/or basal area per acre)
Outputs include (by 1-inch dbh classes):
-surviving trees per acre
-basal area per acre
-merchantable cubic-foot and board-foot volumes
The equations driving NATLOB were developed using data from stands in the Piedmont and Coastal Plain regions of Virginia and North Carolina. Only stands containing greater than 75 percent loblolly pine by basal area were used. Prediction comparisons of the NATLOB model with other published work indicated close agreement at the stand level. In NATLOB, dbh distributions are obtained by requiring that a Weibull distribution's arithmetic and quadratic means match those predicted from stand-level characteristics. All results are shown on the monitor and can be printed if desired. In addition, output from the stand table can be copied to the Windows clipboard and pasted into other Windows applications for further evaluation.
Download a Demonstration Version (Windows only)
- Click NATLOB to start downloading.(284k)
- With Internet Explorer select "save this program to disk" , choose a directory or the desktop to save to.
- Run the file saved in step 2 by double clicking it. The self extraction utility starts.
- From the menu choose SelfExtract/Extract Files, choose a destination directory (directory must already exist). Click Execute.
- Run the demo program in the destination directory of step 4.
- The demonstration version Dominant/Codominant height is set to 60.
A manual documenting the modeling methodology is available at no charge. The software is available for $95.00. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a PDF viewer? Try Adobe Systems' Acrobat Reader.